- Achieving a Just and Sustainable
Long-Term Energy Plan, Dr. James Conca, Director Carlsbad Environmental Monitoring
and Research Center Institute for Energy and the Environment, New Mexico State University
(86 meg ppt file)
- NM EPSCoR Climate Change Impacts on NM's Mountain Sources of Water
- New Mexico Climate Center
- New Mexico Climate Center Data Bases
Climate Time Machine -- Jet Propulsion Laboratory and CalTech (Interactive),
Explore Climate change over time -- Sea Ice, Sea Level, Carbon Emissions, Avg Global Temp
- Community Earth System Model
Links to many climate studies and news stories
- NASA's Climate Page
Many interactive exercises and video presentations. Up to date news stories and visualizations.
Connections at NPR - A Global Story (Interactive)
Connections at NPR - Causes, Signs, Solutions...etc.
- Sandia National Laboratories, Rethinking Climate Change Risks
and related links (August 4, 2010)
- Los Alamos
National Laboratory, William Lipscomb, The Melting of Greenland
- National Academy of Sciences - America's
Climate Choices Reports, videos, podcasts, books
- Global Climate
Modeling-Learn to use EdGCM Global Climate Modeling program and apply
it to your own simulation of climate change.
- Heating The Earth: A Guide to Global Warming
- Climate impacts on species
- Walruses along Alaska's shore
- Arctic sea ice
- US Coastal waters
- Water resource management
- More species impacted by Climate change
- What we know about climate change (video)
- My College Connection
My College Options is a FREE college planning service, offering assistance to students, parents, high schools, counselors, and teachers nationwide. It is designed to assist high school students in exploring a wide range of post-secondary opportunities, with special emphasis on the college search process.
Over the past several years, Rio Rancho High students have found
greater success when they ask adults to consult instead of mentor. The
term mentor implies a large and long time commitment. The term
consultant suggests that the assistance is required only when teams
solicit it. To busy professionals, a time commitment with
well-defined limits may be appealing and offer a welcome opportunity
for professional community service.
is a cross-platform multi-agent programmable modeling environment.
- Science.gov - The U.S. government's one-stop searchable portal to major science databases of federal science agencies
- WorldWideScience.org - Online global gateway to science information from 15 national portals
- Einstein's favorite web site-Interested in Physics, Astronomy and Science in general? Check this out.
- The Fractal Foundation Inspiring Interest in Science, Math & Art.
- Highlights for High School from MIT
features more than 2,600 video and audio
clips, animations, lecture notes and assignments taken from actual MIT
courses, and categorizes them to match the Advanced Placement physics,
biology and calculus curricula. Demonstrations, simulations,
animations and videos give educators engaging ways to present STEM
concepts, while videos illustrate MIT's hands-on approach to the
teaching of these subjects.
cyberwonderland of polymer fun.
- The Molecular Workbench Project
-The Molecular Workbench is a molecular simulation engine developed for
the project. It is a professional tool for generating model-based activities,
and for annotating and sharing them among students. See the
- Daylight Chemical Information Systems
Coloring Web Graphics
Gallery of Data Visualization
-Displays some examples of the Best and Worst of Statistical Graphics,
with the view that the contrast may be useful, inform current practice,
and provide some pointers to both historical and current work.
Web Resources for Computer Science Education
Eric Weisstein's World of Mathematics
"ties", The Magazine of Design and Technology Education
For example, Sept. 98 issue has articles on gender equity, a designer
technologist, Family Tools and Technology program, packaging china,
- Current best practices in math and science at the
- NASA Science Mission
Directorate Applied Sciences training and development program.
- Summer Science Program
- Research Science Institute
Each summer, 80 of the world's most accomplished high school students
gather at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology for the Research
Science Institute (RSI). Invited students enjoy a six-week, cost-free
program designed to kick-start their careers of leadership in science,
mathematics, engineering, and technology.
- AFRL Phillips
- 5 free Space Camp Scholarships to US
Space and Rocket Center, Huntsville, AL for kids 9 - 17.
Scholarship covers tuition, room and board. Parents have to deal with transportation.
- Robotics - design and program ultimate robot
- Aviation - flight dynamics, wilderness survival, teamwork
- Space - Shuttle Mission, Mars training
- Summer Jobs at
Los Alamos National Laboratory
- Summer Jobs
at Sandia National Laboratories, click on Students
Web Resources for Computer Science Education
- Challenge Technical Guide - Includes information
and tutorials on the following topics: supercomputing, project design, telnet,
Unix, Pico, C++, Java, Graphics, e-mail, ftp, HTML, Perl, and MPI