The Supercomputing Challenge
Summer Teacher Institute (STI)
This summer the Supercomputing Challenge will not have the usual two week
STI (Summer Teacher Institute) training at NM Tech in Socorro. However, we
plan to have a Professional Development (PD) workshop and an online course
for the summer.
The workshops will be held in June and July. The structure will be as follows:
Opening PD: June 5th and 6th
Online PD: 8 weeks running June 8th to July 30th
Closing PD: July 31st and August 1st
The Opening and Closing PDs will be held in Albuquerque.
If you are interested in participating, please fill out the registration form at:
Location of the Workshops
The June 5-6 and July 31/August 1 workshops will be held at the UNM Science
and Technology Park Rotunda which is located at 851 University St. Right
near the Isotopes Ball Park. See:
It is located at the far right of the map, at the corner of Baseheart and University.
Hence the rotunda. Park where the red circled P is on the map.
The primary goals of the Supercomputing Challenge Summer Teacher Institute are to:
- introduce teachers to complexity science and computational tools and methods,
- advance teachers' knowledge, understanding, and skills in Computer Science and STEM domains,
- prepare teachers to support Supercomputing Challenge teams, and
- provide ongoing support to teachers who will recruit and assist students in Computer Science and STEM endeavors.
See the STI
2014 Wiki page for the schedule, lecture notes and resources, and more.
- August 1995, 27 teachers, Los Alamos
- June 1996, 26 teachers, Portales
- July 1996, 27 teachers, Las Cruces
- July 1997, 47 teachers, Socorro
- June 1998, 16 teachers, Highlands-Las Vegas
- August 1998, 15 teachers, Highlands-Las Vegas
- June 1999, 15 teachers, NMSU-Las Cruces
- June 2000, 12 teachers, WNMU-Silver City
- June 2001, 19 teachers, NM Tech-Socorro
- June 2002, 14 teachers, San Juan College-Farmington
- July 2003, 23 teachers, San Juan College-Farmington
- June 2004, 11 teachers, Webinar/Highland High-Albuquerque
- July 2005, 19 teachers, Alamogordo High School
- July 2006, 15 teachers, Santa Fe Indian School
- July 2007, 15 teachers, CNM-Albuquerque
- July 2008, 34 teachers, New Mexico Tech
- July 2009, 32 teachers, New Mexico Tech
- July 2010, 19 teachers, New Mexico Tech
- July 2011, 33 teachers, New Mexico Tech
- July 2012, 34 teachers, New Mexico Tech
- July 2013, 52 teachers, New Mexico Tech
- July 2014, 23 teachers, New Mexico Tech