Steps to participate in the Supercomputing Challenge
- Read the Invitation to Participate in the Supercomputing Challenge.
Teachers, print and post the Invitation
Flyer or add your name and room number to Word version for
students to contact you.
- Understand the A.U.P. — the Acceptable Use Policy.
- Register Online (between September 1st and September 20th)
NOTE: Registration is being conducted via a secure web server. However,
you must accept the "certificate" presented by the server.
Your web browser will most likely indicate that there is a potential
problem with the certificate. This occurs because the certificate is not
"signed" by a commercial company (e.g. Verisign). It has, however,
been "signed" by the Supercomputing Challenge, and you can be
certain that the information supplied by you will be encrypted en route
to our database.
- Choose a computational science project.
See science projects, areas of science, and
project development for ideas and look at past projects in the archives.
- Mail in the T.E.A.F. (.pdf
file)— the Team Entry Authorization Form
— Deadline Friday, October 4th, 2013. (Mail it to the address
at the bottom of the T.E.A.F. page.)
- There is a $40 participation fee due for each student participating
in the Supercomputing Challenge. (Send with the T.E.A.F. - Deadline
Friday, October 4th, 2013.)
- Students, fill out the Pre-Challenge
- Learn about the Kickoff Conference
— the activities, rules, and expectations.
- Prepare your Proposal — you
must bring one with you to the kickoff. See
A Proposal template is to be filled
out for each team.
- Look into the Future by browsing through
the important dates.