Supercomputing Challenge Scholarships
Each Supercomputing Challenge year, scholarships may be awarded based on
qualities demonstrated by individuals applying for the Scholarship
Program. These scholarships are not automatic, and students wishing to be
considered MUST apply.
Application details are at the bottom of this
Note: Only Seniors are Eligible to Apply
School Specific Scholarships:
LANL Computer, Computational & Statistical Sciences Division Scholarships:
Possibly $18,000 in scholarships.
Willard Smith Scholarship:
Dr. Willard Smith from the Center of Excellence in Information Systems
Engineering and Management at Tennessee State University has been a long
time supporter of the Supercomputing Challenge and our "NASA connect".
A one time scholarship will be awarded in Dr. Smith's name.
All scholarships are valid only through the institution's fall registration
cycle for the calendar year in which the recipient graduates from high school.
All scholarship applicants are subject to the following:
- be an active member of a Supercomputing Challenge team
- plan to attend a two or four-year university
- pursue a computing, engineering, mathematics or science major
- Meet the university GPA requirements
Any senior student wishing to be considered for a scholarship
award MUST submit the following via email by February 28th, 2013:
- A letter describing his/her contribution to the team project with an
emphasis on the specific areas of leadership.
- The sponsoring teacher MUST endorse the team member's letter and
outline the qualities and examples from the teacher's perspective.
- A letter from the Project Mentor and/or other team members may also provide
supporting statements of this individual's role and contribution to
the team effort.
- A scanned transcript
- Please include information as to what college you plan to attend, if that is
Current high school seniors in good standing with the Challenge (Interim Reports
and Project Evaluation presentations) will be notified by email of the steps in
the online process.
Based on receipt of the above information, the scholarship competitors
will be contacted by the scholarship judges for more information. We might
do phone interviews or personal interviews in Los Alamos the day of the Expo.